ATN Sassuolo vs Genoa Preview
The hosts suffered a 3-0 home defeat to Bologna last time out which put an end to their six-match unbeaten run that saw them gain ground on those teams in the top half of the table. The loss against Bologna also proved to be the first time in seven games in which Sassuolo failed to score at least two goals. However, the hosts haven’t failed to score in back-to-back games since December 2020 and should be able to breach this poor Genoa outfit.
Things just go from bad to worse for visitors Genoa. They’ve won just once all season and that victory came all the way back in September. The appointment of former Ukraine boss Andry Schevchenko has done little to get them out of their slump as his men are yet to win under his tutelage. They’re far too easy to score against, as is evident by the fact they’ve kept just three clean sheets in the 19 matches they’ve played so far this campaign.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Sassuolo’s last 13 league games.
- Sassuolo have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 5 matches against Genoa in all competitions.
- Sassuolo have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches against Genoa in all competitions.
- There have been at least three goals scored in 62% of Sassuolo’s home league games since the start of last season.
- Are without a clean sheet in 13 straight matches.
- Ivory Coast pair Jeremie Boga and Hamed Traore are both away for the Africa Cup of Nations.
- Edoardo Goldaniga – supposedly on the verge of a move to Cagliari – has tested positive for COVID-19, while Filip Djuricic will most likely lose his battle to be fit for this game.
- Have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last seven meetings with Sassuolo.
- Have managed just one solitary league win all season.
- Their away Serie A fixtures are averaging 3.1 goals per game.
- Are scoring just over a goal per game on the road this season.
- Coach Shevchenko is out with COVID-19 alongside captain Domenico Criscito and young defender Laurens Serpe, while Stefano Sturaro is suspended.
- Felipe Caicedo, Nicolo Rovella, Mohamed Fares and Zinho Vanheusden are also sidelined for the depleted visitors, who should call upon Abdoulaye Toure to deputise for Sturaro.
- The last ten meetings between these two sides have seen an average of exactly three goals per game.
- Former Ballon d’Or winner Andriy Shevchenko is at risk of becoming the first Genoa manager to fail to win any of his first eight SA matches in charge (D2, L5).
O2.5 Goals @ -125
George Gamble currently has a 56.25% win rate and a 21.81% ROI this season. Try out his plays here – https://againstthenumber.com/soccer/